recognizing drops on DV streams over firewire

Michael Reifenberger mike at Reifenberger.com
Tue Aug 23 08:16:59 GMT 2005

Hi,
recently I saw an windows program for fetching DV streams.
One nice feature it had was that it printed out the amount of missing/droped
frames which is an good indicator if the transmission went well or if the
system is too slow...

This feature I'm trying to add to fwcontrol (fwdv.c).
Am I'm right that I have to monitor dvdbc.dbn (dv->dbn)?
Is this the frame number? Or is it dvbdc.seq?

Both numbers are pretty short for an sequence?

Thanks for enlightening me.

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger at plaut.de | Priv: Michael at Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com