Problem connecting Sharp VL-PD3A Digital Video Camera

Ernst de Haan znerd at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 14 04:35:48 PDT 2004

I'd like to rip Mini-DV tapes from my digital video camera, but I've never
done anything like this before. I've got a Firewire card and it's correctly
recognized, but when I connect the camera I get the following:

fwohci0: BUS reset
fwohci0: node_id=0xc000ffc1, gen=2, CYCLEMASTER mode
firewire0: 2 nodes, maxhop <= 1, cable IRM = 1 (me)
firewire0: bus manager 1 (me)
firewire0: split transaction timeout dst=0xffc0 tl=0x1 state=2
node0: resp=60 addr=0x400
fw_xfer_free FWXF_START
probe failed for 1 node
fw_rcv: unknown response tcode=6 src=0xffc0 tl=0x1 rt=1 data=0x6e3d0f04
try ad-hoc work around!!
no use...

Any ideas? Can I increase the log level somehow?

I'm running FreeBSD 5.2.1 on a Pentium 4-2.8 GHz (HT), ACPI disabled, 875P
mainboard, 1 GB memory, 800 MHz FSB, USB on mainboard and on an extra PCI
card.

Here's the dmesg output, my kernel config file and my rc.conf file and the
output of pciconf -vl, respectively:
http://people.freebsd.org/~znerd/dmesg.20040414.txt
http://people.freebsd.org/~znerd/WHISPERER
http://people.freebsd.org/~znerd/rc.conf