recommend firewire cards to use with ipod?

Andreas Burmester andreas.burmester at chello.se
Thu May 22 06:39:53 PDT 2003

Hi

Can anyone suggest some recommended firewire cards to connect my 15GB iPod
(new version) to fbsd 5.1?

I have found the following at my local retailer...

Sweex Firewire I/O Card 2 external / 1 internal port
32-bit PCI bus
Lucent PCI to FireWire IEEE1394.A controller chip
IEEE1394.A compliant OHCI specification VO.94
2 x IEEE1394.A external gates, 1 x IEEE1394.A internal gates
Data transfer speeds of 100, 200 and 400 Mbps
Plug & play
Single 3.3V power supply

Adaptec FireConnect 4300

Tekram Fire Wire Controller IEEE 1394 DC-1394W

Thanks in advanced!
-Andreas