Support for CXD1847A controller?

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue May 20 12:49:29 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 12:40:44PM +0000, Anthony Naggs wrote:
> Sony have kept the programming information for the CXD1847A & CXD1947Q
> i.Link host controllers secret.  The chips seem to be obsolete now.
> Later Sony VAIOs have/had CXD3222 OHCI compliant i.Link host
> controllers.
>
> A quick Google indicates Linux, OpenBSD & NetBSD are all in the same
> position - with no drivers for these parts.

Ah yes, I did google but I forgot groups.google.com

Oh well, back to the desktop I suppose. I just went and bought the cheapest
firewire card I could - Lucent DV1000LE, for GBP10 *including* a 2m firewire
cable! - and it's recognised by FreeBSD 4.8 as "Lucent FW322/323". So it
looks like I can get the iPod after all :-)

Many thanks,

Brian.