Support for CXD1847A controller?

Anthony Naggs tony at ubik.demon.co.uk
Tue May 20 05:41:58 PDT 2003

In article <20030520101902.GA1534 at uk.tiscali.com>, Brian Candler
<B.Candler at pobox.com> writes
>> But I afraid CXD1847A(actually this must be CXD1947A)
>> is not OHCI compliant and not supported anyway...
>
>Thanks for that information. Do you know how different this chip is to OHCI?
>If it's similar I could work on it myself.

Sony have kept the programming information for the CXD1847A & CXD1947Q
i.Link host controllers secret.  The chips seem to be obsolete now.
Later Sony VAIOs have/had CXD3222 OHCI compliant i.Link host
controllers.

A quick Google indicates Linux, OpenBSD & NetBSD are all in the same
position - with no drivers for these parts.  So the only route to
getting a driver is to reverse engineer the Windows 98 drivers.  :-(

--
Tony