FCP: CI Policy

Kristof Provost kp at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 15 16:08:59 UTC 2019

On 15 Apr 2019, at 12:57, Li-Wen Hsu wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 1:28 AM Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 2:11 AM Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> Kristof and I have been discussing some policies to make our head
>>> and
>>> stable branches more stable, we drafted a FCP:
>>
>> This has been submitted to https://github.com/freebsd/fcp/pull/35/
>
> This has been merged for ~2 weeks:
> https://github.com/freebsd/fcp/blob/master/fcp-20190401-ci_policy.md .
> What should we do to make this forward?

As I understand the process we’re supposed to get input from
fcp-editors at freebsd.org, which seems to be in progress.

If the FCP editors have no (more) remarks I think it’s up to us (or
you) to move the FCP to ‘feedback’ state and announce that on the
relevant mailing lists. Probably freebsd-testing, and maybe
freebsd-current and developers too?
We should probably make noise about it at the next conference
opportunity as well. That’d be BSDCan,  I think.

There’s no clear indication of when we should consider feedback to be
complete, but that’s not going to be before BSDCan at any rate. Once
feedback is complete it’s up to core to vote on it.

(This is all based on my reading of
https://github.com/freebsd/fcp/blob/master/fcp-0000.md . Feel free to
disagree.)

Regards,