[Call for Testers] VirtualBox 4.3.0

Mike C. miguelmclara at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 17:21:45 UTC 2013

On 11/09/13 07:00, Bernhard Fröhlich wrote:

> Am 04.11.2013 16:35 schrieb "Mike C." <miguelmclara at gmail.com
> <mailto:miguelmclara at gmail.com>>:

> 4.2...
>> >
>> > Have you added your user to vboxusers group? What kind of errors you
>> > see? Is kernel module loaded?
>> >

>> the user in the vboxusers and kernel modules are loaded.
>>
>> Its a very weird behavior, because with sudo -u myuser I still using my
>> regular user!
>>
>> What I guess is a segfault
>> pid 2941 (VirtualBox), uid 1001: exited on signal 11
>>
>> gdb:
>> Copying output to gdb.txt.
>> (gdb) run
>> Starting program: /usr/local/bin/VirtualBox
>> (no debugging symbols found)...[New LWP 100371]
>> VirtualBox: Error -10 in SUPR3HardenedMain!
>> VirtualBox: Effective UID is not root (euid=1001 egid=1001 uid=1001
>> gid=1001)
>
> This is it! Please have a look at /usr/local/lib/virtualbox and
> /usr/local/bin/VirtualBox and check that they are owned by root and the
> suid bit is set. I don't know yet who is stripping that but it could be
> that you are building the port as non-root or the ports staging does
> something stupid.

I'M building with root and the permissions are the default (this was
reported before several times, its not just with 4.3, 4.2 had the same
behavior with FreeBSD10)

-rwsr-xr-x  1 root  vboxusers  27712 Nov  2 17:15
/usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  36 Nov  2 17:15 /usr/local/bin/VirtualBox ->
/usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox

Thanks