wine-fbsd64-1.5.24 on amd64 complains that OpenGL rendering is disabled

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 19:56:04 UTC 2013

On Thursday, 7 November 2013 11:46:46 Yuri wrote:
> On 11/07/2013 06:12, David Naylor wrote:
> > The wine-fbsd64 line of packages were discontinued in favour of the
> > i386-wine port.  The i386-wine is the same as the wine-fbsd64 except it
> > is officially part of the Port's Collection.
> >
> > Please seehttps://wiki.freebsd.org/i386-Wine  for details and update to
> > the
> > latest version of wine (1.7.5), and please let me know if this fixes the
> > problem.
>
> I see, I had the wrong version installed. But now, with
> i386-wine-devel-1.7.5,1, it also prints the error message:
> err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect
> problems

Could you please send me the output from running:
sh -x /usr/local/share/wine/patch-nvidia.sh

Also, could you please research WINEDEBUG, setting that environment variable
to the correct values could result in the root cause of your troubles (sorry,
I don't have time right now to give you the correct parameters, and my memory
is not that good :-( ).

> I also would like to suggest you change the message for emulators/wine.
> Currently it says:
> ===>  wine-1.6,1 is only for i386, while you are running amd64.
> It should say: "emulators/wine is discontinued on all platforms, please
> use emulators/i386-wine or emulators/i386-wine-devel"
> Because most people don't know such details about the current state of
> wine port development.

I've passed on your suggestion to the maintainer of emulators/wine.  For the
record, emulators/wine is not discontinued and is the prefered port for 32-bit
systems but it does not work under amd64 (which is where i386-wine comes in).

Regards