Linux Skype 4.0.0.8 on FreeBSD is works!

Artyom Mirgorodskiy artyom.mirgorodsky at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 19:13:52 UTC 2013

I would like to share my experience of running Skype 4.0.0.8.
1) We need the following libraries from emulators/linux_base-c6:

lib/ld-2.12.so
lib/ld-linux.so.2
lib/libgcc_s-4.4.6-20110824.so.1
lib/libgcc_s.so.1
lib/libdl-2.12.so
lib/libdl.so.2
lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
lib/libglib-2.0.so.0.2200.5
lib/libc-2.12.so
lib/libc.so.6
lib/libpthread-2.12.so
lib/libpthread.so.0
usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.13

Please comment
CONFLICTS=              linux_base-gentoo* linux_base-f* linux-glib2-*
in makefile and run make patch. Then replace libraries from list of the above to /compat/linux. Please also symlink libtiff.so.3 to libtiff.so.4

You should also set compat.linux.osrelease to 2.6.18:
sysctl compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.18

If you want video calls support you should also replace linux_videodev2.h header from multimedia/linux_v4l2wrapper-kmod port (thanks to Juergen Lock):

        cd /usr/ports/multimedia/linux_v4l2wrapper-kmod
        make patch
        mv -i /sys/compat/linux/linux_videodev2.h{,.bak}
        cp -i work/linux_v4l2/linux_videodev2.h /sys/compat/linux

and rebuild kernel.

--
Artyom Mirgorodskiy