VirtualBox kernel modules

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Fri Jan 11 02:34:36 UTC 2013

emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod puts the built kernel modules in
/boot/kernel along with all the system kernel modules.

However, somewhere in the buildworld/kernel/installworld process, these
modules are deleted.  Deinstalling the port shows this:

   # make deinstall
   ===>  Deinstalling for emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod
   ===>   Deinstalling virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.2.6
   pkg_delete: file '//boot/kernel/vboxdrv.ko' doesn't exist
   pkg_delete: file '//boot/kernel/vboxnetadp.ko' doesn't exist
   pkg_delete: file '//boot/kernel/vboxnetflt.ko' doesn't exist
   pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package `virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.2.6'
   (perhaps the packing list is incorrectly specified?)

I think those modules used to be in /boot/modules.

Is this a problem with my system, the port, or something else?