emultors/virtualbox-ose crash

Brandon Gooch jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:58:56 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Larry Rosenman <ler at lerctr.org> wrote:

> On 2013-01-04 19:23, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
>> I've got the Port installed, driver loaded, and I've cleaned out all
>> my .VirtualBox directories.
>>
>>  More info:
> If I compile it with the DEBUG option set, it works.
>
> I can provide access to the machine for anyone that wants to help me.....
>

> --
> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c)     E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
>
> US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893

Hey Larry,

You're hitting what I believe to be a symptom of clang 3.2 and its
mis-compiling libgcc:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2012-December/038766.html

Try recompiling libgcc with CC=gcc and then rebuilding the VirtualBox port.
Let's see if that does the trick (I'll try it later myself, as soon as I
get a moment or two).

-Brandon