using the host cd/dvd drive

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Sun Jan 29 06:37:16 UTC 2012

On 01/28/2012 22:12, Adam Vande More wrote:

> Hm, I guess you can use SATA now as well.  Maybe that's new or maybe I
> misremembered. Or maybe it's you can't boot from a SATA CD/DVD in
> Vbox.  There used to be some funkyness with something.

When I am trying IDE controller, it offers me IDE Primary Master,
Secondary Slave, Secondary Slave. Not sure if why there are 3 choices
when I have only on DVD drive.
When I am trying SATA controller, it offers me SATA Port 1 ... SATA Port
1 ... SATA Port 29 choices.

Also checkbox "Passthrough" never appears (like on this picture
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31459#p168304), and it
doesn't say "Host drive" near DVD, only says "Empty" because there is
not choice to select the host drive.

Yuri