Freeze with 10.0 and VirtualBox {4.1.4|4.1.6|4.1.51r38464}

Gustau Pérez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Fri Nov 25 12:36:05 UTC 2011

   Hi,

   I'm seeing freezes with AMD64/CURRENT r227817 (as of Nov 22th). The
machine freezes hard when starting a virtual machine. It used work a few
weeks ago.

   I've been using Bernhard's from a lot of time. 4.1.4 from a month ago
freezes. I had to apply the patch to fix the D_PSEUDO problem. I see it
was posted in the vbox mailing lists and commited upstream. So I
yesterday picked last virtualbox-port.tar.gz version at
http://svn.bluelife.at/nightlies. 4.1.6 included there also freezes the
machine.

   So I recompiled the kernel with WITNESS, DEADLKRES and friends I see
a deadlock. This is the trace I got in my messages after rebooting the
machine:

                Nov 25 08:57:06 portgus kernel: acquiring duplicate lock
of same type: "IPRT Fast Mutex Semaphore"
                Nov 25 08:57:06 portgus kernel: acquiring duplicate lock
of same type: "IPRT Fast Mutex Semaphore"
                Nov 25 08:57:06 portgus kernel: 1st IPRT Fast Mutex
Semaphore @ \

/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod/work/VirtualBox-4.1.6_OSE/out/freebsd.amd64/release/bin/src/vboxdrv/r0drv/freebsd/semfastmutex-r0drv-freebsd.c:100

   I don't know if I'll have time to check this. I will try the versions
in the ports tree (4.012?) but if it works it will allow us to work
until 4.1.X gets into the tree.

   Any help will be appreciated.

   Gustau