sound to fast / to slow

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Wed Nov 23 20:41:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

last weekend I installed VirtualBox 4.1.6 on Windows 7/64 Bit
and set up an FreeBSD 9.0/amd64 host.
Today I tried sound and it worked instantly :)

But there is one problem I encountered:
- Using "ICH AC97" sound emulation from VirtualBox and mpg321
   (or audacious) plays a mp3 much to fast
- Using "Intel HD Audio" sound emulation from VirtualBox and
   mpg321 (or audacious) plays a mp3 a little bit to slow
- Using "Soundblaster 16" sound emulation does not work (tried

Any idea how I could get the right "sound speed" in VirtualBox?

    Greetings, Oliver

PS: please keep me CCed.