VirtualBox 4.0.12 + FreeBSD 7.4-STABLE causes server hangs ...

Hub- FreeBSD freebsd at hub.org
Tue Nov 8 01:26:19 UTC 2011

Has anyone experienced any issues where a server  hangs shortly after starting up a VirtualBox guest?  I don't have anything to go on for this … server seems to run fine up until I start up the guest OSs, shortly afterwards the server just hangs …

No errors in /var/log/messages, nothing on the remote console, it just stops …

This is with an Oct 26th 7.4-STABLE kernel … I saw the note on the wiki about VIMAGE causing hangs, but I'm not using VIMAGE, so that isn't it …

These are 32bit OSs in the guest … I have three guests that I'm trying to run … right now, I've just started up the one to see if quantity makes a difference …

I don't a serial console (remote server) that I can use to break into the debugger ...