MASTER_SITE quality of emulation@, freebsd-emulation@ ports

Emanuel Haupt ehaupt at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 26 11:58:21 UTC 2011

The distilator [1] shows that roughly 97% by a total of109969 all
referenced distfiles fail to download. Resulting in countless timeouts.

Excerpt from the most recent run:

Maintainer                      ok      bad     % bad
emulation at FreeBSD.org           1005    45696   97.85%
freebsd-emulation at FreeBSD.org   1691    61577   97.33%

Why don't we just mirror the distfiles somewhere else where the files
aren't moved away every other week. I'd be glad to offer webspace on
MASTER_SITES_CRITICAL for instance, I'm sure more mirrors could be
found.

Ideas?

Emanuel

[1] http://people.freebsd.org/~ehaupt/distilator/