WINE sound failing in StarCraft II

Richard Kolkovich richard at sigil.org
Tue Aug 30 19:32:56 UTC 2011

Hi. I'm just setting up my new laptop (9.0-BETA1/amd64 - building WINE
in a 32-bit chroot), and I am experiencing the issue reported
previously here:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2011-July/009007.html

The sound test works fine in winecfg, but there is no sound when
launching SC2. My soon-to-be-decommissioned desktop works fine with
the same setup under WINE 1.3.25. Both machines have Intel sound
cards, and the default devices are NOT mixer/dsp0. The output on the
laptop shows it is accessing the proper device, though (dsp2.vp0).

Does anyone have any insight as to how to fix this? I don't have
anything else installed via WINE to see if this is specific to SC2,
but I can try that later, given some time.

Please CC on replies, as I'm not subscribed. Thanks a lot!

--

Richard Kolkovich
+1 303 219 0042