virtualbox on FreeBSD 8.2

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Fri Aug 26 01:38:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011, Rusty Nejdl wrote:

> I was building a port that depended on threaded perl and used code like this:
>
> .if exists(${PERL})
> PERL_THREADS!=  ${PERL} -V::usethreads
> .if ${PERL_THREADS}!="'define';"
> IGNORE=         needs a threaded Perl, build with WITH_THREADS=yes flag and
> try again
> .endif
> .else
> IGNORE=         needs an existing installation of Perl built with
> WITH_THREADS=yes
> .endif
>
> Perhaps you could use something similar?

Some searching found security/clamav/Makefile:

.if (defined(WITH_LLVM) || defined(WITH_LLVM_PORTS)) && defined(WITH_TESTS)
pre-configure:
         @if ! ${PYTHON_CMD} -c "import thread" >/dev/null 2>&1; then \
                 ${ECHO_MSG} ""; \
                 ${ECHO_MSG} "= Unit tests REQUIRES python built with thread support, and yours is not.
                 ${ECHO_MSG} "= It will not be called during this build
                 ${ECHO_MSG} ""; \
                 ${TOUCH} ${PY_NO_THREAD}; \
         fi
.endif