VirtualBox 2D acceleration

Bernhard Froehlich decke at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 29 12:34:38 UTC 2010

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:21:31 -0500 (CDT), "Sean C. Farley"
<scf at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> Here is a patch that adds 2D acceleration.  I am not sure if the
> VirtualBox_LIBS.freebsd line is needed or not, but it does not cause any
> apparent regressions.  I tested this with the Nvidia driver, and it
> shows improvement within the VM.  I do not know how other drivers will
> work.  EXA may be required over XAA.
>
> If the patch does not make it through the mailing list filter, it can
> also be found here:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~scf/virtualbox-2daccel.patch

Thanks for the patch! It seems to build fine so I committed it to our
testing repository [1] and will do some testing with Intel onboard
graphics before committing it to the tree.

Could you please reply if you agree that your patch is under the MIT
License [2] so that we can send it upstream?

Thanks!

[1] http://svn.bluelife.at/index.cgi/blueports/revision/?rev=988
[2] http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Contributor_information

--