Moved to new hard drive. Now my Virtual W7 BSOD's

Leslie Jensen leslie at eskk.nu
Sun Sep 19 08:36:57 UTC 2010

On 2010-09-19 00:01, Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Leslie Jensen <leslie at eskk.nu
> <mailto:leslie at eskk.nu>> wrote:
>
>     On 2010-09-18 20:48, Leslie Jensen wrote:
>
>         Hi
>
>         I moved my VB files to a new hard drive. The W7 machine I had
>         could of
>         course not find it's files after that.
>
>         I created a new machine pointing at the new file location but this
>         machine BSOD's if I try to start it.
>
>         How should I have done and how do I solve this if possible?
>
>         Thanks
>
>         /Leslie
>

>     I think I should mention that I upgraded VB when I moved the disk.
>     Is now running 3.2.8.
>

> Could be a couple of things, did you make sure to use the exact same
> hardware emulation ex PIIX4?  Also make sure guest additions versions
> match meaning boot into safe mode, uninstall old and reinstall new.
>
> --
> Adam Vande More

Thanks!

I looked in the xml file for the machine and the controller is right.
But in the new machine I had hooked the hard disk to the SATA
controller. Moved it to the ide controller and the machine started as it
should :-)

Guest additions was no problem. Just said there was a new version and
then I installed them.

/Leslie