kern/138944: [parallels] [regression] Parallels no longer works in FreeBSD 8 Beta

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Tue Sep 7 07:00:11 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/138944; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Charlie Clark" <charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, charlie at begeistert.org
Subject: Re: kern/138944: [parallels] [regression] Parallels no longer works
 in FreeBSD 8 Beta
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 08:41:24 +0200

 I've finally worked out what the problem is and how to work around it:
 initialisation of the virtualised network interface with DHCP doesn't
 work. If after booting, the interface is reconfigured using Sysinstall
 (and I'm sure there is another more direct way) then everything works
 fine. Both shared and dedicated network interfaces work fine if you follow
 this. I have submitted another bug report to Parallels.

 Charlie
 --
 Charlie Clark
 Managing Director