Hope for USB support?

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Tue Oct 12 06:57:49 UTC 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Mitteilung -----
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Kevin Oberman <oberman at es.net> wrote:
> > I know that it is a long shot, especially with Oracle at the helm VB on
> > the corporate side, but USB support for VirtualBox is the one piece I
> > am missing that forces me to keep a bootable Windows system around.
> >
> > Is there any hope of seeing USB on VB with FreeBSD as the host and
> > Windows as the guest OS?
>
> I could use this as well, and I know of at least 2 others.
>
> I guess a good starting point would be to ask, what is the scope of
> work that needs to be done to add USB support to Virtual box in
> FreeBSD

That work has already been done. I know that Alexander Eichner has already working USB support since some time. I was also told that the only possible way of getting a PUEL version with USB support is if a company is interested in it. So that will probably cost some money. But if you are actually interested in it please ask the virtualbox people from oracle about it because I don't even know how much money they want for it.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/