VirtualBox 2D acceleration

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 1 15:04:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Mario Lobo wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 September 2010 19:09:03 Rusty Nejdl wrote:

*snip*

>>  Just found the enable 2d acceleration checkbox.  I only works for
>>  Windows clients that you have installed the 2d acceleration drivers.
>>  Using it for Diablo II has a noticeable improvement.  No mouse
>>  stuttering that I have seen since then.
>
> Just found something.
>
> On a win 7 guest. When I tried to refresh the "Windows Experience
> Index", the VM was summarily closed midway through the process. No
> crash or abort warnings of any kind. No host disturbance whatsoever
> however.
>
> Without the 2d enebled, the refresh runs without problems.

It looks like a known bug even when the host is Windows 7:
http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/5236

> FreeBSD amd 64 8G Ram
> Nvidia driver 256.52

I am running 256.53 which is a certified/non-beta driver.  You can find
it from the main driver download; I did not see it in the forum under
the "Current Releases" thread.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org