virtualbox-ose-devel port problem

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Tue Mar 30 11:02:25 UTC 2010

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:49:05 +0000, Mario Lobo <lobo at bsd.com.br> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> The port compiles without errors but when run, it issues:
>
> VirtualBox: supR3HardenedMainGetTrustedMain:
> dlopen("/usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox.so",) failed:
> /usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox.so: Undefined symbol
> "XineramaIsActive"
>
> LibXinerama is present on the system since always.
>
> This started happening when moved from 3.1.51r27187 to 3.1.51r27657

That very much looks like a breakage in upstream code because they
recently added a few xinerama specific changes and a configure check for
xinerama. We will as usually update the virtualbox-ose-devel ports and then
it will probably already be fixed.

> virtualbox-ose 3.1.6 does not have this problem. Why don't I stick to
it?
> because my MacOSx doesn't run on it. Which brigsup one question:
>
> Why the 3.1.5 devel version has the Mac OS option and 3.1.6 doesn't?

You probably meant 3.1.51 vs 3.1.6. I cannot give you any details on this
because MacOSX is not supported as a Guest in VirtualBox at all. It's not
even mentioned on the wiki page because you cannot install any non modified
MacOSX in VirtualBox. So if you found a way to make it work that is great
but don't expect any support for it.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/