Call for testers: VirtualBox 3.1.4 update

Daisuke Aoyama aoyama at peach.ne.jp
Sat Mar 13 06:20:02 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Please report any functionality which was working with previous versions
> of VirtualBox and no longer working with 3.1.4 or any build failure.

For fun, I build VirtualBox 3.1.4 with VNC patch + INT18 patch.
New Makefile is required of course. I attach new Makefile in this mail.
So far works perfectly with 32bit existing VMs. However, both of
existing Windows7 and fresh install of 64bit version are failed.

Host: FreeNAS 0.7.1 based on FreeBSD 7.3-RC2 amd64
Existing Guests: FreeNAS 0.7.1(64), Windows7(64/32), Server 2008(32),
2003(32)

(to iSCSI target via gPXE)
Succeeded fresh install: Windows7 x86
Failed fresh install: Windows7 x64

When I created VM under 3.1.4 and installed in it, Windows installer exited
by some reason and rebooted the VM. I switched back to 3.1.2 and deleted the
HD, re-created empty HD, installed in it, Windows installer finished
everything without any issue.
Sorry, I have not been found the reason and the failure point yet.
I will check more. Does anyone confirm it?

Regards,
Daisuke Aoyama