Fw: VirtualBox coredump on FreeBSD 8 during build

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Mar 10 21:03:11 UTC 2010

> Is it possible that you use X11 Forwarding so your DISPLAY variable is
> set? That is a known problem and there also exists a Gentoo Bugreport about
> it (http://bugs.gentoo.org/268227) that recommends to unset the DISPLAY
> variable first before compiling virtualbox.

That was the problem, right there, Bernhard.  I was running from an xterm
on a live X display.  Turned off xdm and it's compiling just fine from a
console now.

Funny that my google searches didn't turn up any reference to that problem
and its (terribly simple) solution.
--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com