CFT: Fix VirtualBox on 9-CURRENT and recent STABLE

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Wed Mar 10 09:05:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 19:19:01 -0800, Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> On 03/09/10 08:45, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
>
>> - get the tarball from
>> http://svn.bluelife.at/nightlies/virtualbox-port-r755.tar.gz
>
> I'm building this now, will report if it works or not (it was previously
> broken for me). However I noticed that the -ose-devel port doesn't work
> with guestadditions (not in distinfo). Will the new version work with
> the old guestadditions.iso? If so, any chance of having the test port
> updated?

Yes, i've seen that too when updating but did not have a quick solution
for that so i left it as it was. I think you can take the 3.1.4 iso and it
should mostly work. The real solution would be to create a new port that
builds the guestadditions.iso from the OSE sources but i've never tried it
and i'm not sure if it is that easy on FreeBSD. That is a bigger task for
sure.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/