[Linux.ko] VIDIOCGCAP

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 04:43:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:05 AM, Alexander Leidinger
<Alexander at leidinger.net> wrote:
> Quoting Paul Procacci <pprocacci at datapipe.com> (from Fri, 4 Jun 2010
> 00:40:00 -0500):
>
>> Gents,
>>
>> I'm running into a problem with getting video working on skype.  I am so
>> close, and I feel it's just one little thing left before it works.
>>
>> I've installed webcamd and skype from ports without problems.  Loaded
>> the necessary modules, got the webcam working with other utilities, but
>> skype (ah, good ole skype) is refusing to acknowledge the existence of
>> /dev/video0.
>
> It should work on a recent -current (if your cam is supported by webcamd).
> If you are on -stable, you either have to move to -current, or you need to
> wait a while (I didn't had the time to merge this into 8-stable before the
> feature freeze, so I have to wait until 8.1 is out to be able to put this
> functionality into 8-stable).

Alexander,

I am running a very recent version of FreeBSD RELENG_8
FreeBSD Sam.PuffyBSD.Com 8.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE #5: Fri
Jun 11 09:16:08 CDT 2010
root at FNFS.PuffyBSD.Com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WORKSTATION  amd64

I was wondering if you would have the patches for FreeBSD 8.x
available for download that make the webcam's available to Skype, We
have 4 Logitech c250 webcams
they, currently work from pwcview and show up on ugen 1.2 like this:

Sam# usbconfig list
ugen0.1: <OHCI root HUB nVidia> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL
(12Mbps) pwr=ON
ugen1.1: <EHCI root HUB nVidia> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=ON
ugen1.2: <product 0x0804 vendor 0x046d> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST
spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON
ugen0.2: <Razer Naga Razer> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON
ugen1.3: <802.11 n WLAN Ralink> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=ON
ugen0.3: <Logitech G15 Keyboard Logitech> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST
spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=SAVE
ugen0.4: <Logitech Gaming Keyboard Logitech> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST
spd=LOW (1.5Mbps) pwr=ON
ugen0.5: <G15 Keyboard G15 Keyboard> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL
(12Mbps) pwr=ON
Sam#

I would very much appreciate you help

Thank you