virtualbox-ose build failure

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Thu Jan 21 13:40:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:31:41 -0500, Lanny Baron <lbaron at servaris.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I am wondering if anyone knows what the cause/fix is when attempting to
> build emulation/virtualbox-ose. Ran make-config and unchecked everything

> because the FreeBSD-8 install is in a virtualbox and I want to just have

> a headless virtualbox for testing at this point.
>
> I have installed emulation/virtualbox-ose-kmod without problems.
>
> Here are the last few lines from the build (on FreeBSD 8-p2 i386)
>
> tstDeviceStructSize: FAILURE - 3 errors
> kmk[2]: ***

[/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-3.1.2_OSE/out/freebsd.x86/release/obj/Devices/testcase/tstDeviceStructSize.run]

> Error 3
> kmk[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-3.1.2_OSE'
> kmk[1]: *** [pass_others_this] Error 2
> kmk[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-3.1.2_OSE'
> kmk: *** [pass_others_order] Error 2
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose.
> *** Error code 1

Sorry but that few lines are nearly worthless. All i can see is that it
failed in one of the testcases but compiler output would help much more.
So please send at least the last 50 lines if you want that someone can
have a look at it.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/