kern/133144: [linux] linuxulator 2.6 crashes with nvidias libGL.so.1

barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Wed Jan 6 17:40:08 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/133144; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "barbara" <barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it>
To: "bug-followup" <bug-followup at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: "alexbestms" <alexbestms at wwu.de>
Subject: Re: kern/133144: [linux] linuxulator 2.6 crashes with nvidias libGL.so.1
Date: Wed,  6 Jan 2010 18:32:41 +0100

 > i remember having a similar problem a while ago. it seems some games fr=
 om id
 > software use a hardcoded libGL.so path. please try if the attached scri=
 pt
 > solves the problem.
 >
 > cheers.
 > alex

 Yes, I know that perfectly: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D=
 118230. As you can see the one reporting that was me.
 Thank you anyway.
 The recent answer to that pr, now more than 2 years old, has been the rea=
 son to do some tests and to report here the failures.

 But that wasn't the problem, in fact rtcw and linux-enemyterritory never =
 required that fix.

 As wolfsp is working with 185.18.36 and not with 190.53, I was able to st=
 art it (on both RELENG_7 and RELENG_8) with nvidia-driver-195.22 from por=
 ts, setting the generated extension string to a pre 190 version:
 $ __GL_ExtensionStringVersion=3D18999 wolfsp

 Sorry for all the noise about that.
 Maybe this should be added to rtcw pkg-message.in, I will ask the maintai=
 ner.

 Anyway, doing some more tests, it seems that linux-doom3 and linux-quake4=
 , both working in the past, are now failing on RELENG_7. But I want to ch=
 eck again to make sure that the ports are still installed correctly.
 Then I tried installing linux-doom3 on RELENG_8 and surprisingly it works=
  perfectly! I'll try with linux-quake4 as soon as I can.

 If someone need it I have ktrace/linux_kdump collected on RELENG_7 that I=
  can upload on the web.

 Thanks
 Barbara