kern/133144: [linux] linuxulator 2.6 crashes with nvidias libGL.so.1

barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Wed Jan 6 00:40:03 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/133144; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "barbara" <barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it>
To: "bug-followup" <bug-followup at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: "freebsd-emulation" <freebsd-emulation at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: kern/133144: [linux] linuxulator 2.6 crashes with nvidias libGL.so.1
Date: Wed,  6 Jan 2010 01:32:09 +0100

 Ok, from what I've understood it should be a linuxlator problem.

 Certainly it's because of my ignorance, but I'm a little confused, becaus=
 e from what I've tested in the past (after the post by zander on nvidia f=
 orum) and also form what I've got from your words (@ 2,3), the tls versio=
 n should work, am I wrong?
 The problem I'm facing is that now it's not working, so I made some tests=
 (*) with wolfsp (games/rtcw) and the lastest version of different major v=
 ersions of the nvidia driver:
 180.60 -> it doesn't work, it works after replacing libnvidia-tls.so (not=
 e that it's the same major version for which zander suggested the fix)
 185.18.36 -> it works, no workaround required (nvidia fixed it on new ver=
 sions?)
 190.53 -> it doesn't work - even replacing libnvidia-tls.so
 195.22 (ports)(**) -> it doesn't work - same as above(***)

 So I'm wondering why it stopped working between 185 and 190? Shouldn't it=
  be working with the tls version?
 It's a nvidia fault and should be reported, or >185 are exposing new "bug=
 s" in linuxlator, or because of changes in linuxlator having a bad impact=
  on >185,...?

 Sorry but my English is not good, so I hope I don't get misunderstood.

 If you need more tests, kdump, or anything else, I will be happy to help.=

 Sorry again and thank you for the patience...
 Barbara

 (*)
 # uname -a
 FreeBSD satanasso.local.net 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #0: Fri Jan  1 =
 18:47:59 CET 2010     root at satanasso.local.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SATAN=
 ASSO  i386

 # sysctl compat.linux.osrelease
 compat.linux.osrelease: 2.6.16

 # pkg_info -Ix linux_base
 linux_base-f10-10_2

 (**)
 wolfsp doesn't work *anymore* also on RELENG_7, linux_base-fc-4_15, compa=
 t.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2. On July it was working.
 Anyway, just to add more confusion, linux-enemyterritory is working!!!(?)=
  (not tested on RELENG_8).

 (***)
 nf or current dir: /usr/local/share/rtcw/libGL.so.1: cannot open shared o=
 bject file: No such file or directory