virtualbox-ose 3.1.2 and 7.3-PRERELEASE

{BBLister} bblister at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 17:55:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:53:48PM +0100, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:20:29 +0200, {BBLister} <bblister at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi there
> >>
> >> 02/02/2010 I had update my workstation from 7.2-STABLE to
> >> 7.3-PRERELEASE. After install new kernel and world all installed ports
> >> also was rebuilt too by portupgrade -af. Now, I have kernel panic
> >> during attempt starts any virtual machine (Win or BSD) via GUI or
> >> headless.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions are welcome.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> >> Details:
> >>

> >>I've got additional info with last panic:
> >>
> >>Unread portion of the kernel message buffer:
> >>HHWWAACCCCMMRR00IInniittCCPPUU ccppuu 01
> >>
> >>HWACCMR0InitCPU failed with rc=-4013
> >>panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: c19ee000
> >>cpuid = 0
> >>Uptime: 28m29s
> >>Physical memory: 2026 MB
> >>Dumping 108 MB: 93 77 61 45 29 13
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can confirm this.
> > When I upgraded to 7.3-PRELEASE and virtualbox-ose 3.1.2
> > I couldn't start ANY virtualbox machine, but immediately (in couple of
> > secs)
> > my system panic.
> >
> > I Upgraded to 8.0-STABLE   and still my machine panics with
> virtualbox-ose
> > 3.1.2
> >
> > I upgraded to 8.0-STABLE with Virtualbox-ose-devel (3.1.5) and I still
> > have panics.
> >
> > I downgraded port to virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_3  and still my 8.0-STABLE
> > machine immediatelly panics.
> >
> > Note that in 7.2-STABLE my virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_3 run without any
> > problem with many months uptime.
> >
> > How can I find out what were the changes from 7.2-STABLE to 7.3-PRELEASE
> ?
> >
> > I have an "AMD Athlon(tm) Processor (1394.08-MHz 686-class CPU)"
> >

> > I always use the VBoxHeadless (no output on screen).
>
> Could you check out 8-stable at a specific date to narrow down what merge
> causes this problems? At home i use 8-stable from about a month ago and
> could not reproduce that so it should have happened in the last few weeks.
>
> So if you do not want to test that but only have virtualbox working again
> then try to check out the sources from about a month ago.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Bernhard Fr??hlich
> http://www.bluelife.at/

Hi,

I can check out a previous 8-stable version.
A) If I use the following lines in my cvsup will this be ok? I will check out
8-stable of 10th of January 2010 of 01:01:01
( date=[cc]yy.mm.dd.hh.mm.ss )

===

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_8
*default date=2010.01.10.01.01.01

===

B) What CPU do you have? Perhaps my AMD Athlon excibits the same behaviour
like AMD64 ? I see in wiki
"Launching virtual machine on 8.0-BETA2/amd64 instantly panic the system"

Thank you,

BB