virtualbox-ose 3.1.2 and 7.3-PRERELEASE

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Fri Feb 12 11:53:50 UTC 2010

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:20:29 +0200, {BBLister} <bblister at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi there
>>
>> 02/02/2010 I had update my workstation from 7.2-STABLE to
>> 7.3-PRERELEASE. After install new kernel and world all installed ports
>> also was rebuilt too by portupgrade -af. Now, I have kernel panic
>> during attempt starts any virtual machine (Win or BSD) via GUI or
>> headless.
>>
>> Any suggestions are welcome.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> Details:
>>

>>I've got additional info with last panic:
>>
>>Unread portion of the kernel message buffer:
>>HHWWAACCCCMMRR00IInniittCCPPUU ccppuu 01
>>
>>HWACCMR0InitCPU failed with rc=-4013
>>panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: c19ee000
>>cpuid = 0
>>Uptime: 28m29s
>>Physical memory: 2026 MB
>>Dumping 108 MB: 93 77 61 45 29 13
>
> Hi,
>
> I can confirm this.
> When I upgraded to 7.3-PRELEASE and virtualbox-ose 3.1.2
> I couldn't start ANY virtualbox machine, but immediately (in couple of
> secs)
> my system panic.
>
> I Upgraded to 8.0-STABLE   and still my machine panics with
virtualbox-ose
> 3.1.2
>
> I upgraded to 8.0-STABLE with Virtualbox-ose-devel (3.1.5) and I still
> have panics.
>
> I downgraded port to virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_3  and still my 8.0-STABLE
> machine immediatelly panics.
>
> Note that in 7.2-STABLE my virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_3 run without any
> problem with many months uptime.
>
> How can I find out what were the changes from 7.2-STABLE to 7.3-PRELEASE
?

> I have an "AMD Athlon(tm) Processor (1394.08-MHz 686-class CPU)"
>

> I always use the VBoxHeadless (no output on screen).

Could you check out 8-stable at a specific date to narrow down what merge
causes this problems? At home i use 8-stable from about a month ago and
could not reproduce that so it should have happened in the last few weeks.

So if you do not want to test that but only have virtualbox working again
then try to check out the sources from about a month ago.

Thanks!

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/