fwd: CFR: patch to cleanup usage of SRC_BASE in various ports

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Dec 1 15:49:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 01:22:20PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> If you have a strong argument for this change, I do not object to it,
> but if you do not have a strong argument, I would prefer to not get
> this change.

The problem I have is that I want pointyhat to build an INDEX based on
what is the current "best recommended value" of the linux emulation,
not whatever happens to be on pointyhat at the moment.  (It turns out
that right now this "Just Works" on pointyhat but only so; it does not
work on the new codebase on pointyhat-west, where a very minimal subset
of ports is installed).

Just setting LINUX_OSRELEASE at the top level didn't seem to work; it
appears the != line overrides that setting.

How about this?  We change the override to only work if PACKAGE_BUILDING
is set?

mcl