fwd: CFR: patch to cleanup usage of SRC_BASE in various ports

Wed Dec 1 12:22:47 UTC 2010

Quoting Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> (from Tue, 30 Nov 2010
19:23:14 +0000):

> Forwarded individually from a message initially posted to
> freebsd-ports at FreeBSD.org.  Note: the patch has been updated from the
> version first uploaded.

Hi,

for the linux ports the SRC part looks OK (not tested).

For the ifndef part (linux ports)... this introduces the possibility
to let the user specify LINUX_OSRELEASE somewhere. And this would
override what would be set in the makefile. The result of this would
be that the user could spoof a version which is different from what is
available. In case of the "is the linuxulator in the kernel"-test, it
would cause a failure of the build/install of the port if the user has
a value set. This could open up a new case of error cases in the
support mails. If you have a strong argument for this change, I do not
object to it, but if you do not have a strong argument, I would prefer
to not get this change.

> Thanks.
>
> mcl
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> -----
>
> From: Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com>
> To: ports at FreeBSD.org
> Cc: linimon at FreeBSD.org
> Subject: CFR: patch to cleanup usage of SRC_BASE in various ports
>
> I am trying to debug a problem in the package building scripts, and
> in the process of debugging it, have found some inconsistencies with
> ports that require kernel sources.  For installations that keep their
> latest sources in /usr/src, this patch should have no effect; however,
> for others (such as pointyhat, which has multiple src trees) this should
> fix edge conditions with 'make describe'.
>
> I would appreciate feedback on the following patch:
>
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~linimon/patches/diff.out.srcbase
>
> Thanks.
>
> mcl
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

I want to dress you up as TALLULAH BANKHEAD and cover you with VASELINE
and WHEAT THINS ...