www/phpvirtualbox needs vboxwebsrv for VirtualBox

Thomas Rasmussen thomas at gibfest.dk
Thu Aug 12 20:40:23 UTC 2010

On 12.08.2010 17:44, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:

> Currently phpvirtualbox only supports RDP with an flash based client in
> the browser. I've talked to the author about adding an VNC client and he
> seems to plan to add it in the future. There is also an ticket for this now
> [1] and he seems to have problems with the API because they lack VNC
> support. So I will raise this problem to the vbox developers and see if
> this situation can be improved. This will definitely take some time.
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/phpvirtualbox/issues/detail?id=33

Hello,

I am really fine with just using a regular VNC client outside of the
browser, if I could just start the machines with the --vnc --vncport XYZ
option from the webinterface. An integrated VNC viewer sounds very
nice but as you say, like a larger undertaking that will take some time
of course. But if the API doesn't support starting the virtual machines
with vnc enabled, we will have to wait for that. In that case I will
probably rig something myself to start the machines with vnc
support enabled when needed until then - it is only needed during
OS installation after all.

Thank you

Thomas