www/phpvirtualbox needs vboxwebsrv for VirtualBox

Bernhard Froehlich decke at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 12 15:19:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 02:02:07 +0200, Thomas Steen Rasmussen
<thomas at gibfest.dk> wrote:
> On 12-08-2010 00:58, Thomas Steen Rasmussen wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I noticed that /usr/ports/www/phpvirtualbox/ was commited to the ports
>> tree and I wanted to try it out. It seems to need vboxwebsrv from
>> VirtualBox which isn't built by the FreeBSD port by default. I saw
>> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?p=76262 and tried going the
>> same route, but I cannot even get it to compile using the alterations
>> he does.
>> Could vboxwebsrv possible be added as an option to the VirtualBox port
?
>> That would be great. Or alternatively, can the people who committed
>> www/phpvirtualbox comment on how you actually use it ? Do you
>> compile VirtualBox from source ?
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>>
>> Thomas Steen Rasmussen
> Hello again,
>
> OK so I found out I was working with an old ports tree - sorry for the
> noise,
> vboxwebsrv is indeed available as an option in the current VirtualBox
> 3.2.6 port.

Yeah correct. The virtualbox-ose port has an WEBSERVICE option that is
disabled by default. I will discuss this and see if we can enable it by
default or find another solution for phpvirtualbox users. There is also no
rc startscript for vboxwebsrv at the moment because of lack of time but
it's on my todo list. If you want to test phpvirtualbox i recommend that
you use virtualbox-ose 3.2.8 because it contains a lot of performance
improvements for vboxwebsrv.

Screenshots: http://home.bluelife.at/images/phpvirtualbox/

--
Bernhard Froehlich