VBoxManage CLI does not works any more ?

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Wed Apr 21 12:09:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:17:04 +0400, Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova at fbsd.ru>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> It worked for me before, but on recent version of port:
>
> $ VBoxManage start XP
> Sun VirtualBox Command Line Management Interface Version 3.1.6_OSE
> (C) 2005-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
> All rights reserved.
>
> ERROR: failed to create a session object!
> ERROR: code NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED (0x80040154) - Class not
> registered (extended info not available)
> Most likely, the VirtualBox COM server is not running or failed to
start.
> $
>
> Under VirtualBox UI it works as expected.

Is this happening with virtualbox-ose-3.1.6_3? It sounds very much like
the png problem that was fixed 3 days ago in the port.

To get a better error description you could start VBoxSVC on the shell and
see if it fails. If this does hot help then recompile with the DEBUG option
enabled and try again to start VBoxSVC.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/