qemu usb passthru

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sun Apr 18 21:28:54 UTC 2010

In article <u2g6201873e1004181403la4447a6dka27ef9c917b80275 at mail.gmail.com> you write:
>What's the status of qemu passthru?  There are a few misc www tidbits which
>seems to indicate it works, but I can't get qemu to attach a usb device.
>
>8.0 RELEASE

 Well, usb host (passthru) code never got ported to the new usb stack
yet (the guy that did the old usb host port is busy with other things
now and there was no new `volunteer'...)

 There has been talk on the qemu list about porting the usb host code
to libusb 1.0 tho (which also exists for FreeBSD's new usb stack),
so _maybe_ there's some hope now.

 Cheers,
	Juergen