ldconfig set_thread_area

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Wed Oct 28 20:10:07 UTC 2009

"Christopher Chambers" <chris.chambers at gmx.com> writes:

> I am using FreeBSD 6.3 and my linux base is fedora 10. I am missing the linux xorg libraries. When I attempt to install, "/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux" tells me "set_thread_area failed." I do not know enough about ldconfig to know what this means or how to fix it.

FreeBSD-6.x in incompatible with -f10- ports. Only FreeBSD 7-STABLE
(I'm not sure about 7.2-RELEASE) is compatible (but not fully) and
the defaults are -fc4- ports. You can get more information at
/usr/ports/UPDATING and this maillist archives.

-f10- ports are defaults only for upcomming 8.0 and 9-CURRENT.

--
WBR, bsam