VirtualBox: vboxnetflt related problems

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 18:11:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

Thanks for porting VirtualBox, it has proven most useful (no more slow RDC).

I've found some problems relating to VirtualBox's bridged networking:

1) loader doesn't pull in all the dependencies for vboxnetflt (kldload
does) [missing dependencies: ng_ether]

2) even with the dependencies specified in loader.conf vboxnetflt fails to
initialise on boot [module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (ng_vboxnetflt, 0xc0f44fd9,
0xc19bd6a0) error 22]

3) bridging doesn't work when connecting to bridge0 or tap0:
# netstat -w1 -I tap0
            input         (tap0)           output
   packets  errs      bytes    packets  errs      bytes colls
         0     0          0          0     0          0     0
         0     0          0          0     2        151     0
This happen with and without giving tap0 an IP address.

This is using version virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_2 from ports (recompiled
today).

Regards,

David

P.S. please CC me as I am not subscribed to mailing list