Emulation of Linux V4L ioctls

J.R. Oldroyd fbsd at opal.com
Mon Nov 30 14:35:51 UTC 2009

Folks,

I have updated the patch posted earlier to include additional
work that now also allows browser-based flash apps to also access
the camera. I am re-posting so that folk here can try this new
version and send any feedback.

The URL is the same:
	http://opal.com/freebsd/sys/compat/linux/

If you have previously applied this patch, you must revert to
the original sources and then re-apply.  Once again, the patch
is based on 8.0-RC3 sources.

I am testing with a pwc(4) camera.  The pwc driver implements
a V4L interface.

This same patch should also fix TUNER and FBUF support and also
MICROCODE downloads.  I cannot test these, however, because pwc
does not do anything with these ioctls.  Anyone who has a driver
that does implement these V4L components, and can test, do let me
know what happens.

	-jr