How to config timezone of linux_base-f8

Daichi GOTO daichi at ongs.co.jp
Mon Mar 9 20:28:49 PDT 2009

Boris Samorodov wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:40:51 +0900 Daichi GOTO wrote:
>
>> Title says everything :)
>
>> I want to use JST as default timezone for linux_base-f8.
>> Anyone has any ideas?
>
> There were a thread called "Linux compat 2.6.16 reports time incorrect"
> back in October 2008 and a workaround.
>
> The main problem seems to be an incompatibility between current native
> and linux timezone versions.
>

> WBR

Thanks. I have checked above mails. I understand.

TO: bsam, linux_base-f8 maintainer I know :)

How about to add tzdata-2008h-1.fc8.noarch.rpm to Ports Collections
and dependency of linux_base-f8?   If f8 has tzdata there, user can
use their own tz just copying it to /compat/linux/etc/localtime. It
looks good idea.

--
   Daichi GOTO, http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi