[patch] Mk/bsd.linux-rpm.mk: introduce some linux-f8 infrastructure

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Wed Mar 4 01:23:37 PST 2009

Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> writes:
> Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (from Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:55:01 +0300):
>
>> I'm going to commit an attached patch. This patch is a noop for
>> current ports structure (no need to ask an approval from portmgr)
>> but is needed for new linux-f8 ports.
>
> While I agree with you... does portmgr agree with you too? Sometimes
> they have different opinions than committers about what should be
> tested in an exp-build.

Agreed, I'll contact portmgr with this patch too.

>> There are two points (both taken from emulators/linux_base-f8):
>> . define LINUX_OSRELEASE variable (linux-f8 packages should be
>>   build with compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16);
>
> Why do you use ECHO_CMD? Is there some whitespace which needs to be deleted?

Can't recall for sure but I've got some unwanted results while doing
some experiments (was it an output to stderr if no linuxulator
kldloaded?).

>> . define MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR and MASTER_SITE_SRC_SUBDIR when
>>   LINUX_DIST_VER=8 (no such ports ATM).
>
> Why is there ifndef MASTER_SITES (only in the context of your patch,

This ifndef was introduced by sat@ at Rev 1.9. I'm not aware of the
real need.

> so not really related)? Is there a difference for "?=" between an
> empty MASTER_SITES and an undefined one?

Yea, after ifndef introduction "?=" lost it's purpose.

Alexander, I fully agree with your concerns, I'm aware of them.
But for now I try to change as little as it is possible so to
face less problems. Since new infrastructure and linux-f8 port
are introduced work should go further. ;-)

Thanks for your feedback.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)