Flash 9 crash problems

Novembre novembre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:41:04 PST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at leidinger.net
> wrote:

> Quoting Novembre <novembre at gmail.com> (from Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:51:59
> -0600):
>
>  Does anybody know what I should do to fix this?
>>

> Yes, wait (or apply some patch if you feel confident enough).
>
> The person which has a fix for this got commit access recently (not only
> for this fix). He is in the process of going to commit his changes to
> -current. There are patches floating around for the problem you have (look
> in the archive of this mailinglist and search for "futex"), but I don't know
> if they apply to RELENG_7.
>
> FYI: 2.6.16 is not officially supported on RELENG_7, as it does not contain
> everything what is in -current and makes up 2.6.16 emulation. The problem
> you see with Flash can be solved in RELENG_7 too (AFAIK), but some other
> things can not as they involve changes which we can not do in RELENG_7. Feel
> free to report problems, but don't expect that everything can be solved.
>
> Bye,
> Alexander.
>
> --
> Toilet Toupee, n:
>        Any shag carpet that causes the lid to become top-heavy, thus
>        creating endless annoyance to male users.
>                -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"
>
> http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
> http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137

I found two posts containing patches regarding this issue:
1)
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=0+0+archive/2008/freebsd-emulation/20081228.freebsd-emulation
2)
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=0+0+archive/2009/freebsd-emulation/20090215.freebsd-emulation

The first post contains two patches, of which one is marked specifically for
7-STABLE (as of Dec 21, 2008 when the patches were made available). The
second post also has a patch, but I don't know whether it is for 8-CURRENT
or 7-STABLE. Which one should I apply?

Thanks :)