flash10 vs f10

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 28 17:39:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009, Chagin Dmitry wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 04:29:49PM +0000, Brandon Gooch wrote:

*snip*

>> I have. I'm using it with about the same level of success as the
>> previous versions of Flash (I need to map a couple of keys to run
>> `pkill npviewer.bin`).

I also have a key mapping to killall npviewer.bin.

> for amd64 try: compat.linux32.maxssiz=4194304
>
> for i386 try: limit stacksize to 4mb or set unlimited.

Thank you.  I tested viewing "TXT ISLAND" on YouTube.  Works at higher
limits for me such as 32MB but not at my default of 64MB.

Why/how does this help?  At least on i386, it stops Flash from choking
on YouTube videos when switching to HD or jumping within a video.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org