kernel panic with VirtualBox on -CURRENT

Lucius Windschuh lwindschuh at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:01:43 UTC 2009

2009/6/17 Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at voicenet.com>
> Unfortunately, I do not see an option in this computers' BIOS to enable virtualization.  I'm actually trying on a machine at work now, rather than the one I tried at home yesterday, but the results are the same.  This computer actually has as an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU (unlike yesterdays dualcore Xeon).  Is there someway to check if the processors on these machines support the virtualization extensions?
>
> I also am not able to disable the AMD-V option in VirtualBox.  The check box is selected but greyed out.

"Me too". Same panic on an Atom board (i386 mode). Same greyed out checkboxes.
Are you also using i386?
If I remember correctly, VT-x / AMD-V only work on amd64, so
VirtualBox shouldn't use them anyway in my case. And disabling VT-x in
a machine's XML file leads to the same panic.

Interestingly, it worked before with virtualbox_3.tgz.

Lucius