proper upgrade procedure from base to base

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Fri Jun 12 17:51:10 UTC 2009

Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> writes:

> What is the proper upgrade procedure to go, say, from f7 to f8 or from f8 to f10
> (later)?
> UPDATING says to follow instructions from 20070327, but those amount to "remove

Have you read those instructions to the end? ;-)

> old base port, install new base port". But then what about ports for xorg or gtk2
> or alsa lib? They do not seem to get updated following this procedure.

This can be useful:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2009-June/006221.html

> Is there an automated way to upgrade all ports that have different versions for
> different bases?

We have only one default linux base port per an OS version. So changing
a base linux ports is not supposed to be rare. I'm not sure if an
automated tool may be useful here.

Said that I'm not aware of such a tool.

WBR
--