skype-out calls disconnect after 5 minute

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed Jun 10 13:21:36 UTC 2009

on 07/06/2009 20:17 ajtiM said the following:
> My system: FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE #0: Fri May  1 08:49:13 UTC 2009
> root at walker.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>
> Skype-out calls disconnect after about 5 minutes. I red that was problem with
> beta or pre release but looks like that is the problem here still. Version of
> Skype is 2.9.9.72.
> Do I need to put kern.hz=100 in loader.conf, please?
>
> Thanks in advace,

I am not entirely sure but I think that the behavior that you see was caused by
r190893 (on Apr 10) and was fixed by r192987 (on May 28).
I think that your best bet is to upgrade to stable/7 that includes the
aforementioned commit.

I have been experiencing the same problem myself and tracked it to linux_times,
but very fortunately Dmitry committed the proper fix before I could finish my
investigation.

I think that this may be a good candidate for 7.2 errata.

--
Andriy Gapon