HEADSUP: new Linux Fedora 10 infrastructure ports

Tue Jun 2 09:58:27 UTC 2009

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (from Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:31:06 +0400):

> Hello List,
>

> I've just committed new Linux Fedora 10 infrastructure ports.

Yeah!

> For the first time all tested linux ports work as expected(!):
> . acroread8;
> . google-earth (with hardware acceleration);

Wow, that's great to hear.

> . skype (with apropriate locales);
> . seamonkey.
>
> Here is some glx info from my host:
> -----
> % /compat/linux/usr/bin/glxinfo| grep rend
>                        20:55 pts/3
> direct rendering: Yes
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R300 20060815 x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL

Impressive, that makes me want to get some time to update some systems
and also to get some time to get my X in a jail stuff to a point where
it is able to run even the native apps with 3d accel.

Regarding the default for 8.0: you talked with portmgr about testing a
corresponding patch which changes the default depending on the
OSVERSION?

Ignorance should be painful.